Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Favorite Things

So, I have been reading everyone's fabulous blogs, and lot of people have "their favorite things" listed. So I thought I'd go ahead and write SOME of my own. So here goes:

1. Anyone who knows me, knows I am absolute freak for GUMMY GRAPEFRUITS!! These are the most yummy treats in the world, and right now the only places I know to find them are Jackson Hole, WY or the internet. I told Mark I wanted a 10 lb. bag in my stocking, no kidding.

2. All I can say is "Costa Mondays". When I am home in Utah, we go to Costa Vida every Monday, yep...we're that big of freaks for COSTA VIDA SALADS...they are seriously that GOOD!!

3. Probably my favorite place on earth...my CABIN in Christmas Meadows in the Uinta Mountains. It really is the most beautiful and peaceful place I know of.

4. LAKE POWELL. Probably my second favorite place. I miss that place sooo sooo bad. I have had so many great and adventuresome memories there. Nothing beats waking up in the morning to beautiful red cliffs, the smooth water and a cup of hot cocoa around the campfire.

5. I love CHRISTMAS...really, I am just a Christmas freak!! I could celebrate it all year long. I love every little aspect and tradition of the holiday. Candy making, the tree, the lights, our spiritual Christmas Eves, Christmas morning, the food, the parties, the family, did I mention the food, the snow, and I could go on and on...and on.

6. I have to go with Sonja on this one... I love MAC COSMETICS, especially their eye shadow. It is the best!

7. OK, so my list would not truly be MY list if I didn't put down SHOPPING. I love love love it. It just makes me happy. What more can I say.

8. PUREOLOGY SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER, VOLUME. Hands down, it is the greatest stuff out there. Not too cheap, but oh, so worth it.

9. I loving reading a GOOD BOOK. Right now I'm reading the second book by Khaled Hosseini titled "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and it is very good, and also very eye opening. (It is mainly about how the women in Afghanistan are often treated.)

10. MY FAMILY. I truly could noy live without any of them. Mark and Ireland are my world. They make me happy to wake up every morning. Ireland's smile and laugh can melt my heart in a second. And what would I do without our families at home. They are just pretty dang awesome, probably why I miss them sooo much.

So I think I could go on and on and on. But those are 10 of my favorite things, but I'm sure you all don't want Brooke's 101 favorite things, so I'll leave it at that.

6 comments:

Julia said...

crap. so i check your blog and realize i need to do my list...thanks for the reminder!
p.s i am in love with cafe rio and even tho i have only had it twice it's probably one of my fav. foods of all time. yum. wait..cafe rio and costa vida are basically the same right?

Anonymous said...

Yeah for MAC!!! I totally forgot to put shopping on my list..love Costa Vida too...I should open a chain up here....except I'd have to work in fast food...yuck

Beckey said...

I think everybody needs to stop talking about Cafe Rio and Costa Vida right about now! I am craving them so bad and I don't get to go home this year for Christmas...so who knows how long it will be until I get to eat there again! Probably next summer!

I really need to try these gummy grapefruits, you were talking about those at the girls night the other day too! They must be good!

Karlee said...

I liked reading your list! I think I knew most of those things about you, but I did learn a few new things! I'm going to have to try that Pureology Shampoo! Can you only get it at home? Remind me in 6 months when I'm there so I can get it! And, I will definitely have to try those gummies! If you do get a 10 pound bag, then save me one!

JO said...

Thanks for sharing your list. I agree with you on a lot of items on your list. I need to read A Thousand Splendid Suns. Curt has The Kite Runner (which I haven't read but also need to). I am completely lame and haven't finished the Harry Potter Series yet. I am on the 5th book right now. After I finish the series I plan on starting the Twilight series that everyone raves about.

Kristi Drennan said...

oh I've never tried the pureology before! great list and I`d totally love to hear Brooke`s 101 fav things!