Sunday, December 23, 2007

let's make it official


Well, we're not sure exactly who knows our exciting NEWS!! So here goes...instead of starting fertility treatments again, we decided to skip straight to the pregnancy part. Yep, WE'RE PREGNANT!! (Well, technically I am.) The day before we were suppose to start the whole fertility saga, I broke down and took a prego test...and very much to my shock and amazement, it was POSITIVE. Yes, we know we have been really slow on posting this. We had to keep it secret for quite awhile because we didn't tell our family until me and Ilie went home for Christmas, and that was not an easy task!! Let's just say...I am a professional liar now! But you can't beat the surprise of coming off the plane with Ilie wearing her "Big Sister" shirt (not that they got it right away)! But they finally caught on and they were more than surprised, especially when I told them I was 3 1/2 months prego. My mom was shocked I had been lying to her for that long. All the family has been equally shocked, because absolutely no one was expecting this...especially not us. But miracles happen, this is our second little miracle and we could not be happier!! I think we still are trying to figure out if it is real...at least I am!!

So I am now 17 weeks pregnant, almost half way...WOW!! Our due date in somewhere between May 30 and June 2. I started feeling the baby move strongly about a week ago, and that just makes it even more of a reality. We went in last Thursday for our ultrasound to find out what we were having, but to our absolute luck...the baby was hiding all the necessary parts! We were a little bummed, but we saw the little head and hands and the heartbeat and that was good enough. We are going to try and have another ultrasound the Friday before we come home, so cross your fingers that the little legs are "uncrossed"! We promise to keep you all more updated! And one last thing...YAHOO!

9 comments:

Jessica Petersen said...

OH MY GOSH, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is SUCH awesome news and I totally got chills reading your post!
Love Always,
Jess

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! As you know I am super happy for you guys! Cute shirt too for Ilie...does she get it yet that she'll be a sister??

Julia said...

oh, i was so happy for you guys when you told me! i hope your little miracle feels like stretching out for the ultrasound!

Richards Family said...

Hey Stranger, I have been waiting to see "the shirt". It turned out so cute and what fun pictures. It looks like you guys are having so much fun in Utah land! Emmy was looking at the pictures of Illie and she says"Oh Mom, Illie looks soooo cute". She misses her little bud so much! The girls Christmas dresses turned out so cute. When you get back we will have to get a picture of both of them together in their pretty red dresses. Well have a very Merry Christmas!! We miss ya tons!!

Kristi Drennan said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I had heard but I was waiting until you were out to say anything!! I'm sooo happy for you! What a miracle! I can't believe it was the day before you were going to start treatment. That gives such hope to people who have a hard time. I'm so happy for you guys! I can't wait to hear the progress. Keep posting about it!! Merry Christmas and you just tell that little baby to move their legs!! xoxo

JO said...

I bet you are so relieved that your secret is finally out! I love the shirt! We are so happy for you guys. I am glad you are having a little one a few weeks before us, I am going to need some advice since I am new at all of this. Ilie looks so cute in the slide show pics. I'm sure your second will be just as cute. I am excited to hear what you will be having! I bet you are loving your time at home. Have a Merry Christmas, I hope your stocking is filled with grapefruit gummies :)

Beckey said...

Congratulations AGAIN! We are so excited for you! Let's hope for a BOY so Mason has another buddy to play with at playgroup!

Love, Beckey

The Bing's said...

CONGRATULATION....that was definitely a super exciting blog to read...I was wondering if maybe you were because there was one week just before you guys left that I saw you learning against the wall and I thought to myself...brook looks pregnant...and you were!!! I'm so happy for you guys can't wait to read future posts!

The Whites said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for! We are sad we will be gone when he/she is born, but we'll have to visit when your in Utah next. My guess is your having a boy, since that seems to be the trend lately. We look forward to having you back in Halifax!