Sunday, March 30, 2008

rEdd fAmiLy uPdAtes...


The new BIG update in our house is crazy, crazy, crazy POTTY TRAINING!! We did the intense 3 day potty training last week, and I'd have to say it was the hardest week of parenting I have ever had. But now, I'd have to say that it was worth it. We basically went cold turkey from diapers straight to panties....ALL THE TIME!! And oh yes, the first minute she had them on...there was pee all over the floor and I knew I was in for SOMETHING insane, but I couldn't have imagined how insane it would get. Let's just say I went through at least 30 pairs of underwear the first day and we were up and down, in and out of the potty every minute at some points. It's pretty pathetic that I about had a nervous break down over potty training, but I did. Probably a mix of pregnancy, tiredness, and extreme frustration!! I think Mark thought I was about to lose it. But thank goodness, by the second night it started to click and then on the third day, we only had one little dribble accident. Since then we have only had a few little accidents and I think we have about mastered the pee-pee's!! Poo-poos are another story, she has done it, but it is still a work in progress. So hopefully we will have this all done...someday in the near future!! I am just glad to have last week over with. I'm glad I don't have to do it again for two years. But I would definitely recommend the 3 day potty training to anyone about to attempt this lovely milestone. Just be prepared for a couple of HARD days if you are going cold turkey and DON'T GIVE UP!! (And don't be 7 months pregnant!! :) Wish us luck, that all stays DRY!!!!


Well, I am now officially 31 weeks. Only 9 more to go...or a just a little less if we're lucky! We are sooo excited to see her and the time is getting closer, slowly but surely. We still don't have a name finalized, but I'm sure we'll figure it out someday...at least we better!

9 comments:

Julia said...

oh i am glad that potty training has started working out for you. i know it's got to be hard work. josh wet the bed until he was 11 (maybe he doesnt want peopel to know that, but it's out now!) so i imagine we're in for some good times. i think ireland is a smart kid, once she catches on for good, there wont be any turning back. plus who doesnt love going shopping for princess underwear?!

The Bing's said...

That's so great that all is going well with the potty training...that will be nice to only have one baby in diapers!! The pictures are adorable...I cannot believe you are due so soon!! 9 weeks...wow!!! Can't wait to see the baby!!

Kristi Drennan said...

I'll have to keep that in mind that three day potty training! Glad that's not for awhile!! You look so cute with your belly (as always)!! Your pregnancy went fast for me...probably cause I don't see ya! I hope you're feeling good! xo

Anonymous said...

I need to do that intense potty training. I would like to get it done before baby 2 arrives, so I may have to do that over a weekend. Hopefully it will work for a boy!

JO said...

way to go for tackling potty training! I can only imagine how frustrating it can be.

JO said...

way to go for tackling potty training! I can only imagine how frustrating it can be.

Lindsey said...

Ireland is sooooooo big! Time sure flies. I hope all is going well. It's good to see what's going on with you. Talk to you later!
Linds

Natalie Redd said...

Hi! Hannah wants to watch Ilie's poop in the potty over and over!!! Thanks so much for posting that video! We're still struggling with the "poo poo's" here, so I think Ilie is an awesome little gal!! Good work!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.