Thursday, January 15, 2009

CRUISE 2009...

Well, this January we did a little early gRaDuaTiOn ceLebRatiOn, and took a cruise to the Western Caribbean (Belize, Costa Maya & Cozumel)! We went with a bunch of the Kammeyer crew...Joanne, Jim, Amanda, Marty, Jennifer, Bub, Todd, Spencer, Diane, Dennis & Mark and me!! It was more than FABULOUS. We went on a Royal Caribbean ship called the Independence and it's the largest ship in the world...and it was huge!! It seriously had everything on it...there was so much to do...we couldn't even do it all! But we did get lots of loungin' time, lots of sunshine and perfect weather (yes, warm...and not 25 below..so that was kinda nice), tons of entertainment & so much good food that it was just ridiculous!! In Belize we took an insane van ride out to the Mayan ruins and they were pretty amazing (and it was pretty amazing that we made it there and back alive too!!) In Costa Maya we went to a beach and swam, bargained for some nice little Mexico treasures and ate some yummy salsa and guac on the beach. In Cozumel we went to a beach resort call Mr. Sancho's and then headed downtown for some shopping (which included some serious bartering action!!) It was a seriously fun trip and it was so WONDERFUL to be with Mark for a week straight...and to SEE him for a week straight, with NO studying. We missed the girls horribly, but they had a blast with their Grandmas and I think we missed them more than they missed us!! Now we just have to recover from the post-cruise syndrome!! ;)

Sorry I had to put the pics on three different slide shows...there were a bit too many. My cousin Todd took a bunch and we did too...hence, WAY TOO MANY PICS!! But hey, here they are anyway...






7 comments:

The Sjoblom Family said...

Just looking at the pictures makes me jealous. I am sooooo ready for warm weather. I hate snow. I seriously am hoping that the prophet has a revelation that we should all move to Hawaii. Wouldn't that be AWESOME???? I miss you so much. I can't wait till you come home. take care post some new pics of your girls.

Beckey said...

Yeah, so thanks Brooke! Rub it in. I was so jealous as I was looking through your pictures! No, I'm kidding but Travis and I want to go on a cruise so bad and that just made me want to be WARM even more!!! Looks like you had so much fun!

The Austad Family said...

Brooke - Awesome pictures! You took some great ones that really gave you a feel for what it was like. My brother went on the exact same cruise last year. Did you do any zip lining through the forests? Glad you had a blast. How come Dr. Steve didn't come along?! Too busy working?

Glad you had some alone time with Mark. Just wait until he graduates ... you'll be wondering why Mark doesn't have to study 24/7. For me, that was the oddest thing to get used to. Normalcy again!

Julia said...

so much fun. i am so jealous :) i am going to have to try and convince josh to do this before we're in the "working world".
tons i pics, i loved it, felt like i was there, minus all the fun, the shopping and the suntan. jerk :)

Anonymous said...

I am also very jealous! Looks like you and Mark had a great time, so happy you got to spend a nice relaxing week together alone with no studying!! Cute Christmas pics too!

JO said...

Looks like fun!!! I hope you enjoyed every minute of your cruise because it is FREEZING here! Welcome back, you'll have to tell us more about your cruise when we see you again.

The Marberger's said...

Your cruise looked so fun! I'm totally jealous. The pics of your girls are darling too. I need some sunshine right now, it is so depressing having the sky gray everyday and being so cold. At least for a minute while looking at your pictures, I could see the sunshine. Love ya,
Kristen